LAST UPDATED MON 15th JUNE 2020
As of Monday 15th June, Athlone Towncentre was delighted to begin the process of reopening the shopping centre in line with the latest government advice and the Roadmap for Reopening Business & Society Framework.
Our stores are reopening on a phased basis, when all necessary safeguards have been inplemented. While it will not necessarily be ‘business as normal’ on your return, we are taking every step to ensure your safety. In doing this we ask for your patience and assistance. Please be aware that you may have to queue for entry to the centre or for particular stores at peak times and in instances where the store queues have exceeded capacity you may be asked to return at a later stage. We would ask for your co-operation in this matter to ensure we all stay safe.
A full list of stores as they reopen can be found here. We will continue to update our website and social media pages as more retailers open.
Please note that for the foreseeable, the centre will be trading from 9am to 6pm from Monday through to Saturday and from 12pm to 6pm on Sundays, although retailer hours will vary. All store trading hours can be found on the individual store page on this website or on our reopening blog post
As part of our commitment to ensuring the safety of our customers and staff as well as preventing the spread of the Covid-19 virus; we have introduced a number of new measures within the centre. Our team are constantly monitoring and reviewing our proceedures in line with best practice:
- Designated entry and exit routes,
- A one way system around the mall is now in operation to faciliate social distancing. Please follow the directional arrows on the mall on arrival,
- Sanitiser stations are available at all entrances, lift lobbies and toilet lobbies,
- Our cleaning schedule has been amended to focus on key touch points and risk areas. We have also undertaken a deep clean using an Electrostatic Spray system,
- Audio and visual prompts throughout the centre to remind customers and staff respect social distancing guidelines,
- All upcoming mall activities have been postponed indefinately,
- Our kiddy kab service has been suspended,
- Increased security and customer service presence to assist customers on their journey through the mall where necessary
- Contactless payments are preferred in stores where possible.
Our website will be continuously updated during this period and all store reopening dates will be posted as soon as received, as will any changes to the trading hours. The Centre’s opening hours have been temporarily reduced and individual stores may be temporarily operating further reduced hours, you can find all store contact details here to contact stores directly should you so wish.
Our information desk has reopened but it’s hours have been amended slightly with it opening from Monday to Friday at 10.30am, Saturdays from 9am and Sundays from 12pm. Any changes to these times will be highlighted on our website. Should you wish to purchase a gift card out of hours, this can be done online. Your gift card balance may also be checked online
The best form of defence against the virus is deemed to be good hand hygiene and we urge all patrons of the centre to exercise the same to ensure that we are all playing our part to prevent the spread of Covid-19. https://www2.hse.ie/wellbeing/how-to-wash-your-hands.html