Student Takeover 2019 FAQs
What exactly is the Student Takeover?
It’s basically like Black Friday, but just for 2nd and 3rd Level Students! As well as Massive Discounts, there’s loads of Freebies and Giveaways including lots of prizes and vouchers up for grabs!
When is it on?
For four hours only, from 4-8pm this Thursday 17th October in Athlone Towncentre Shopping Centre
What are the discounts? What stores are taking part?
The discount list will officially be announced on Wednesday night by email to anyone that has signed up to the guest list. Sign up here
Is this event just for A.I.T Students?
Nope, this event is open to ALL 2nd and 3rd Level Student with a Student I.D or wearing their School Uniform.
What’s the story with the FREE Buses from A.I.T?
•Pick Ups from the bus stop at the back of A.I.T Students Union at 3.45pm, 4.15pm & 5pm.
•Return Pick Ups from the Gleeson Street Entrance (Sheraton Hotel) of Athlone Towncentre to the bus stop at the back of A.I.T Students Union. Bus leaving at 8.15pm.
These buses are free for students; you just need to show valid Student I.D to driver.
My school doesn’t have student cards; can I still get the discounts?
Yes, you’ll still be able to get many of the discounts and take part in all the free activities and giveaways, you just need to make sure you are wearing your school uniform if you haven’t got a Student Card.
How do I get a priority wristband to meet Greg O’Shea?
The First 30 customers to spend €50 or more on the night well get a priority wristband. Spend over €50 during the event in any combination of shops and present your receipts at Information Desk on Level 0 to receive your wristband. Wristbands are allocated on a first come first served basis. Only one wristband per customer.
I wasn’t one of the lucky customers to get a priority wristband, can I still meet Greg O’Shea?
Yes, the priority wristband allows customers to get into the priority queue and ensure they get a meet and greet slot. All other customers on the night are welcome to queue from 6pm to meet or take photo with Greg but we cannot guarantee that everyone will get to meet him, it will be completely dependent on demand. Greg is in centre until 7.30pm. We would respectfully ask that all customers cooperate fully with our security and mall team at the event.
How do I WIN the €150 gift card?
Everyone who signs up to the Guest List Here will be entered into the draw. You don’t need to be at the event to WIN the voucher, you just need to have your name on our guest list. We’ll announce the winner and call them during the event on Thursday.
Apart from the discounts, what else is going on that night?
– Live DJ – iRadio
– FREE Games – Like Giant Connect-4, Giant Jenga, Tap the App
– FREE Treats e.g Popcorn
– FREE Coke Zero Sampling
– FREE Bus to and from the event – leaving the college at 3:45, 4:15 and 5pm
Returning from Athlone Towncentre at Gleeson Street at 8:15pm
What other prizes are there?
Lots of Spot Prizes up for grabs from many of the stores in Athlone Towncentre
- 1 Free Pair of Skechers
- 2 x Jack & Jones Vouchers for €25
- 2 x 50% Discount off Shopping in Vila
- 1 x Name It Voucher for €25
- 50 Wristbands up for grabs giving you free entry into Karma *ID Required
- Jump Juice Vouchers and Goodies
- 1 x Hamper from Flying Tiger
I don’t know if I can make it, when’s the next one?
The Student Takeover is only on once a year so this is your only chance all year to get these discounts, offers and prizes!
Terms and Conditions
- Valid student i.d required to avail of student discount, offers and prizes.
- Many stores are also offering student discounts to 2nd level students in uniform, at the discretion of each individual store.
- Student Discount, offers and prizes are available in participating stores only.
- Student Discount, offers, prizes & Terms & Conditions vary between stores.
- To be in with a chance to win the €150 voucher prize you must add your name to the guest list.
- To be eligible for a priority wristband to meet Greg O’Shea you must spend €50 or more within the times of the event and present your receipts to the information desk on level 0.
- Priority wristband offer is limited to the first 30 eligible shoppers.
- Wristbands are allocated on a first come first served basis. Only one wristband per customer.