This website is owned and operated by Athlone Administration Ltd, trading as Athlone Towncentre, whose registered offices are at Hambleden House, 19/26 Pembroke Street Lower, Dublin 2.
Types of personal information collected
The types of personal information collected and held by Athlone Administration Ltd will vary depending on your dealings with us. This information may include any or all of the following:
- name, address(es), telephone number(s) and other contact details;
- electronic address(es);
- transaction details relating to your use of our products, services or benefits.
Athlone Administration Ltd will not collect sensitive information from you or any third party.
You do not have to provide us with any personal information, however if you do not do so we may not be able to complete a transaction you have entered into, finalise payment of a product or service you have ordered, make delivery of a product you have ordered, validate your entry in a promotion, or otherwise provide you with the products, services or benefits you have requested.
How Athlone Administration Ltd collects personal information
Generally, Athlone Administration Ltd collects personal information directly from you, such as:
- when you personally submit information through an Athlone Administration Ltd website; in person (such as in store);
- when you enter into a promotion conducted by us or a third party; when you complete a survey;
- in the course of us providing you with a requested product, service or benefit; or
- when you have other dealings with us.
Athlone Administration Ltd will collect personal information through:
- Athlone Administration Ltd, its related bodies corporate and its business pillars;
- our business partners who may partner with Athlone Administration Ltd for promotional activities; and
- third parties who supply services to Athlone Administration Ltd.
Why Athlone Administration Ltd collects, uses and discloses personal information
Athlone Administration Ltd will collect personal information for the following purposes:
- to establish and maintain your relationship with us, including in some cases disclosing your name and address (as required by law, such as to government authorities and agencies) and providing you with information necessary to allow you to remain in contact with Athlone Administration Ltd;
- to provide the products or services you have requested from us and keep a record of them; to provide credit to you, which may include disclosures to credit reporting agencies or bodies;
- to answer any inquiry you make;
- to register you for events or promotions; or
- to assist us to make our services and products more valuable or useful to you.
Athlone Administration Ltd may also disclose your personal information to third parties who work with us in our business to provide, promote or improve the products or services you have requested or are interested in, such as:
- manufacturers and suppliers; couriers and delivery contractors;
- marketing consultants and promotions companies; website hosts; and
- consultants and professional advisers.
Athlone Administration Ltd will also use and disclose your personal information to send direct marketing to you from:
- Athlone Administration Ltd, its related bodies corporate and its business pillars; and
- third parties who provide services to us;
The direct marketing may relate to:
- our products and services;
- the products and services of other parties;
- promotions run by us or other parties; or
- to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you.
You may opt-out of receiving this direct marketing from Athlone Administration Ltd or third parties through the unsubscribe function that will be made available to you with each direct marketing communication.
How Athlone Administration Ltd stores and protects personal information
Athlone Administration Ltd stores personal information in a combination of computer storage facilities, paper-based files and other records. In so doing, we have taken numerous steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Additionally Athlone Administration Ltd takes reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when we no longer need it.
The internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, other than where Athlone Administration Ltd uses secure socket layer technology (SSL) to ensure information (such as credit card information) is securely transmitted and processed, Athlone Administration Ltd cannot and does not accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the internet, or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
Does Athlone Administration Ltd send personal information overseas?
Athlone Administration Ltd is likely to disclose some of your personal information, for the purposes described above, to organisations in other countries, including the United States of America.
How you can access your personal information
Athlone Administration Ltd will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. If your personal details change, such as your address or phone number, please contact our Privacy Officer by email or at the address detailed below.
At your request, Athlone Administration Ltd will provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about you. We may charge a fee for retrieving this information, in which case we will inform you of the fee and obtain your agreement to that fee before providing the information.
We will promptly acknowledge and investigate any complaint about the way we manage personal information.
Information is also generated whenever a page is accessed on the Athlone Towncentre Shopping Centre website that records information such as the time, date and specific page. We collect such information for statistical and maintenance purposes that enables us to continually evaluate our website performance.
How to contact Athlone Administration Ltd or make a complaint
The Privacy Officer
19/26 Pembroke Street Lower,
Athlone Administration Ltd will take reasonable steps to remedy any issues resulting from our failure to comply with our privacy obligations.
Last updated April 2014