We’re celebrating our patron saint with free kids entertainment, mini Irish markets, a live MC and more!
On St. Patrick’s Day, Thursday 17th, the Centre will be open from 12pm – 6pm and we’ll have a Free Arts & Crafts Workshop for Kids from 1-4pm. We’ll also have music and meet & greets with our friendly, larger than life leprechaun who will be roaming the mall so keep an eye out for them!
The Athlone Croí na hÉireann Festival Parade will take place on Sunday 20th of March @ 2pm, starting on Magazine Road.
Pop into Athlone Towncentre to start the party before the parade, our MC and friends will be live from 1pm, and if you’re looking for a post parade treat or feast, we’ve got lots of places to eat!
Athlone Towncentre St Patrick’s Weekend Opening Hours
THURSDAY 17th 12 – 6PM
FRIDAY 18th 12 – 6PM
SATURDAY 19th 9AM – 6PM
SUNDAY 20th 12 – 6PM
As part of the Athlone Croí na hEireann festival taking place from 16th – 20th March, Athlone Towncentre Shopping Centre will play host to a mini Irish market featuring a variety of talented local suppliers. The market stalls will be operating daily throughout the festival from 12 noon to 6pm, and will be located on Level 1 opposite Eason.
Here’s a flavour of the local suppliers you’ll find at the markets:
- Waxy Wonders – Gorgeous hand made wax melts designed in various shapes and colours with over 50 fragrances to choose from and personalised gift boxes made to order. The extensive range also includes beautiful waxy bouquets, gift sets ideal for Mothers Day together with plain wax bars and burners.
- Posh Pebbles – Customised and personalised framed pieces of art with pebbles for every occasion. This beautiful range also features unique, quirky wall plaques with Irish slates and pebbles. To mark their participation in the Croí na hEireann festival market, Posh Pebbles will be releasing two brand new products – adorable customised candles and candle holders.
- Flowercraft – A bespoke floral studio based in the heart of Ireland offering tailor-made, individual, seasonal floral arrangements for all special events and occasions. Flowercraft by Syra’s unique designs are artfully inspired by nature, with a focus on natural, locally sourced, seasonal flowers and foliage.
- Ballymore Honey – Mike Condon from Ballymore Honey, Co Westmeath produces 100% Raw Honey. He is dedicated to producing the finest quality Irish produce. Mike also supplies bees for hives, maintenance hive training and much more. It is a small family bee farm, passionately focused on maintaining and growing their thriving bee hive farm which produces their delicious healthy honey. Why not stop by and say hello this weekend for a little Bee chat!
- deDANÚ – Sustainable, cruelty free Skincare, made in Ireland with certified organic herbs. deDANÚ’s award winning & clinically proven products are made from pure, locally cultivated, botanical ingredients.
- Guide Dogs – meet & learn more about their talented (and cute!) ambassador dogs, and check out the full range of Guide Dog merchandise including soft toys, candles, travel mugs, drink bottles and stationery.
- Mary Kay Cosmetics – Independent beauty consultant, Agnieszka Mckeon, will be offering luxury skincare and make up products and gift sets from the world-renowned skin care brand, Mary Kay Cosmetics.